Human Subject Research Office
If you are a participant in any research being conducted by UM, and if you have any questions about your rights as a participant, call 305-243-3195 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Subject Research Office (HSRO) provides administrative support to UM’s Institutional Review Boards (IRBs). The HSRO supports the University IRB process by:
- Maintaining files on all human research at UM and JHS
- Maintaining a database for tracking all research proposals
- Serving as a resource on general regulatory information
- Conducting educational workshops
- Publishing UM’s Standard Operating Procedures for human research